Sunday, February 27, 2011

OPI: PotC collection preview

So we've all heard about this collection coming up, but now that the colours have been unveiled at last - it is somewhat disappointing. Pirates of the Caribbean could have been so awesome. There's so much room to do duochrome, holos, even mermaid sheens? I could've imagined a black polish that flashes red and gold, or even a red/yellow/orange duochrome that would've fit into the premise like a glove. And yes, OPI, I think you could've managed that.

And instead - we get something akin to a bridal collection?




Wow. That's not cool, OPI.

The only wow factor in this collection is the absolutely amazing silver crackle polish, named - simply - Silver Shatter.


How's that for some awesome!? I really want to get my hands on the Silver Shatter if that's the only crackle I'd ever own, but I foresee it'll go OOS faster than you could say "Bridal collection much?"

Another one that intrigues me is Mermaid's Tears, which seems to be a green-turquoise creme at the bottom. Not only does Silver Shatter look awesome over it, but it is pretty intriguing. Of course, I'd have to watch out for this. It could be a dupe for Essie Turquoise and Caicos.

Why is it all cremes, anyway? Seriously. DUOCHROMES, OPI, OR GLITTERS OR SHIMMER. Nothing less could do for something as awesome as PotC.

No comments:

Post a Comment