Friday, April 1, 2011

China Glaze Sea Spray

China Glaze Sea Spray

Sea Spray is one of those colours where you just can't seem to pin point an exact colour down for it. The most appropriate one I could think of was dusty baby blue. In yellow light, the blue shines out more, but in white light, it could almost appear dove grey.

Application was great, as usual. This was 2 coats, though if you're really good with your technique, you could do it in one. I know there are some places that say this has a silver microshimmer and I do agree with this, but it took me a comparison photo with a true creme to see the shimmer. At any other angle, it looks like a dusty blue creme. So what's the point of the shimmer? I believe that it's for the purpose of creating more light reflection and therefore making it seem more glossy, which it does. I really love this. Mine chipped, however, within 3 days or less, with topcoat.

It kinda reminds me of a stormy sky. The colour is not too strong or bright, but it's still somehow refreshing. Love it, can foresee myself wearing this quite often.

From the Anchors Away Spring collection '11.

No comments:

Post a Comment