Sunday, March 27, 2011

Essie Mint Candy Apple + Arezia #697

Essie Mint Candy Apple + Arezia #697

This is 1 coat of Essie Mint Candy Apple from the Winter '09 collection and 1 coat of Arezia #697.

I always have issues putting on Mint Candy Apple. It seems awfully streaky! And not only is it streaky, it actually bubbles. I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong but I really had to take some time out to apply this one. However, since I knew I'd be layering a coat of Arezia #697 over it, I decided not to polish up the streaks and holes since it'd be camouflaged by the additional coat anyway.

I'm not sure which country does Arezia come from, but I'm loving what I see of their polishes so far. This is a pearlescent blue-mint colour that you can layer on something else like what I did here, or wear it by itself. If worn by itself, it only requires 2 coats for opacity, but the colour is a lot greener than it looks here, since this is layered over a mint base. It does give it a bit of a frosty finish but I seem to like to this effect quite a bit. It's somehow freakishly glowy. It's sold at SGD $4.00 at Sasa Beauty, which is awesome cheap. Not just that, there's a Buy One Get One Free promotion going on there right now.

Edit:

Essie Mint Candy Apple + Arezia #697

I realise that this photo is more true to how the colour of my manicure really was. It kinda looks like the green tack that I used in school recently. Still - got a lot of compliments with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment