Sunday, March 6, 2011

OPI The One That Got Away vs OPI Diva of Geneva

I was pretty curious to see how things would turn out. They aren't all that similar, you can tell that there are obvious differences. The One That Got Away is more glowy, the glass flecks are obviously huger and there isn't any duochrome effect as in Diva of Geneva. Here they are on the nail.

OPI The One That Got Away vs OPI Diva of Geneva

You can already see the fine gold shimmer of Diva of Geneva amidst a purple base (sorry the photograph turned out a bit strangely coloured), and the obvious larger sized glass flecks for the more berry/red colour of The One That Got Away (this one is slightly more accurately coloured than Diva of Geneva).

I have to say that The One That Got Away (phew, such a mouthful everytime I have to say it) is an annoyingly difficult polish to capture on camera. It almost always turns out far too red than it really is on the nail. I'm not one for red polishes, but I love this on the nail. I wouldn't call it a true red, there is a definite hint of berry in it. "Berry" is really the most apt descriptor I can think of for it, and the glass flecks? Winning formula, OPI.

No comments:

Post a Comment