Thursday, March 3, 2011

Wowshop haul!

Overview

Hauuuuuuul.



So recently I bought from an online etailer called Wowshop. I'll be writing a review on them soon, but I'm really happy my nail polish is here! :D There are a couple of set-backs, like the mini Orly bottle that Liao ordered is not in the box, and my Color Club Rule Breaker cap has no brush, but all in all, very pleased with my haul indeed!

On with the photos!



SWATCH ONE

Swatch 1

L-R: CND Sapphire Sparkles, China Glaze Fairy Dust, OPI It's Totally Fort Worth It, OPI Not Like The Movies, OPI The One That Got Away

-- CND SAPPHIRE SPARKLES

CND Effects

CND Sapphire Sparkles

CND Sapphire Sparkles

A sheer polish with glitter that flashes pink, purple, blue, green. This thing is awesome. A little pricey, but awesome. I can foresee that I would want to restock this when I run out, because it is that awesome. The camera can only capture a third of its duochrome awesomeness. I love things that flash different colours at different angles. This polish would surely brighten up any dull manicure. I can foreesee that it will be amazing over black. Shall wait for my black polish to arrive to have a look. This was 2 coats.

-- CHINA GLAZE FAIRY DUST

China Glaze Fairy Dust

China Glaze Fairy Dust

Another sheer polish that is definitely not camera-shy with its fine holographic glitters. I was worried that it might be a bit too coarse, or that the holo glitters wouldn't come out right, but my worries were unfounded. I can definitely see myself layering with this some time. I like how you can control the amount of glitter you layer on. One coat leaves a relatively sparse amount of glitter should you want to layer this over something that's already shimmery, but pile on the coats and you'll have yourself a blingfest of holo glitters in no time. The glitter spreads evenly. Very pretty. This was 2 coats.

-- OPI IT'S TOTALLY FORT WORTH IT

Texas collection '10

OPI It's Totally Fort Worth It

OPI It's Totally Fort Worth It

I'm not really sure what this name means. Anyway, it's a muted silver with a tinge of lavender to it, that has glitters that may or may not be visible depending on the lighting. I thought the glitters were orange in the day, but now under my lamp light at night, it appears to be pink. Strange! The finish is semi-glossy, and some of the glitter does sink in, which gives it a very slight grainy appearance but it's not noticeable at all. A cover of your regular topcoat should do the trick very adequately. This was 3 coats.

-- OPI NOT LIKE THE MOVIES

Katy Perry collection '10

OPI Not Like The Movies

OPI Not Like The Movies

OMGOSH, this turned out way better than I expected! "Oilslick" couldn't have been a better term to describe how this looks. This is a slightly dark silver that flashes purple and green and when I say flash, I really mean flash. The duochrome in this is pretty amazing. At certain angles, my entire nail appears green, while at others, I see purple. I love this, given my weakness for duochromes. Considering this for my next mani! Application is a little streaky but it should even out while drying. It's surprisingly sheer though, there is a very slight, almost invisible VNL even after 3 coats. I can live with it, though. This is 3 coats.

-- OPI THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY

Katy Perry collection '10

OPI The One That Got Away

OPI The One That Got Away

This is a reddish-purple colour, I'd call it berry, just simply loaded with glass flecks! The flecks are big, but it works. The colour is more true to the colour in the bottle. It's such a vibrant berry colour that it almost seems to glow, really. Opacity can be achieved in 1 or 2 coats max. Super sparkly! This is 2 coats.

SWATCH TWO

Swatch 2

L-R: OPI Meet Me On The Star Ferry, Orly Galaxy Girl, China Glaze Flyin' High, Essie Mint Candy Apple

-- OPI MEET ME ON THE STAR FERRY

Hong Kong collection '10

OPI Meet Me On The Star Ferry

Perhaps a proof of how uninteresting the bottle looks is that I actually forgot to upload the picture of the bottle only. Or perhaps I forgot to take a photo of it. Anyway, the bottle looks rather uninteresting, like a muted burgundy colour with normal red-green glitter. However, on the nail, it somehow works. I really like this! It seems to have a hint of gold to it that's so subtle, you'd have to follow some sort of intuition to realise that it's there. This is very thick, and I actually only have 1 coat on there. The only thing you need to watch out for is brush strokes! They are quite visible. The finish is semi-glossy. It is quite messy to take off, though!

-- ORLY GALAXY GIRL

Cosmic Fx collection '10

Orly Galaxy Girl

Orly Galaxy Girl

Orly Galaxy Girl

Wow. I love this one so much, I need 3 photos of it. Being the duochrome fetishist that I am, you can just imagine how tremendously excited I was to stumble upon the Orly Cosmic Fx collection. If I can, I need to collect ALL polishes in this collection. Galaxy Girl was one of those that I felt like buying but yet was a bit unsure about because I've read reviews about it looks bruise-coloured, and so on. I knew I wouldn't rest if I didn't buy it and I absolutely do not regret it. Though I usually don't quite like to wear dark polishes, Galaxy Girl makes me feel like I have a window to the universe on my fingers. Plus, I'm an astronomy freak. The duochrome in this is insane. True, the base colour is a dark maroon with a tinge of brown that almost makes it look like very dried blood but the awesome glitter duochrome in it will offset it all. Cannot emphasize how much I love this. This is 3 coats.

-- CHINA GLAZE FLYIN' HIGH

Up & Away Spring collection '10

China Glaze Flyin' High

China Glaze Flyin' High

I had an impression that this was a blue-green creme and actually, I'm not sure if I'm wrong. The colour is really difficult to pin down because it seems to be different colours in different sort of lights. It could be darker aqua, or it could be a teal. I'm not sure, but I do love this colour. It's not quite sky blue, I am convinced there's some green mixed in there somewhere, but it flatters my skin tone tremendously and looks vibrant and fun! Looking forward to wearing this. Thick, as per usual. 2 coats.

-- ESSIE MINT CANDY APPLE

Winter collection '09

Essie Mint Candy Apple

Essie Mint Candy Apple

This isn't really quite the true mint. It leans more towards blue but that is exactly what I like. I like that in-between colour, and if I had to choose, I'd pick blue anyway. I don't generally like pure green polishes. Anyhow, this is a mint creme that is the usual thick Essie formula as well, and covers in 2 coats.

All in all, very pleased with my haul. Still deciding between Not Like The Movies, Galaxy Girl and Flyin' High for my next mani! If I ever get down to swatching them, will post the photos up! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment