Thursday, June 23, 2011

8ty8beauty haul!

Well, OK, I wouldn't call it a haul per se. But here it is:

8ty8beauty haul!

L - R:
China Glaze Black Mesh
Zoya Loredana
Color Club Ultra Violet (top)
Color Club Raspberry Rush (bottom)
Color Club Worth The Risque (top)
Color Club Revvvolution (bottom)
Zoya Adina (top)
Color Club Electro Candy
OPI Houston, We Have A Purple

I also got me a bottle of Seche Restore which has been delightful in thinning my now-gloopy bottles of base and topcoat.

First impressions:

I think what impressed me the most would have to be Color Club Ultra Violet. The shine is incredible! When I painted it on my nail wheel, I was almost stunned into inaction. There's an incredible electric-blue duochrome in it that really catches the eye. It's like a perked up version of China Glaze Senorita Bonita. Though this entire collection was meant to be neon, I wouldn't say Ultra Violet is. It's very bright, but it isn't eye-popping like a true neon (see: Electro Candy).

In the same collection is also Color Club Electro Candy, which is a bubblegum neon pink with a blue shimmer as well, though the shimmer in this one is a lot less obvious than in Ultra Violet, probably because Electro Candy is an extremely bright pink and that's probably going to snatch the attention away from everything else. I was almost a little alarmed at how neon this was. I think it's my first ever neon polish.

On that subject, Electro Candy and Raspberry Rush are really not that similar as it looks in the photograph. I can tell the difference between them at a glance, without having to refer to their names at the bottom. I blame the inability of cameras to probably capture pinks and reds, as I have complained about before! Raspberry Rush also has an extremely strong scent, which I was surprised at. I have never used scented polish before and it's actually quite good fun.

OPI Houston is also a lot darker than I expected. I honestly thought it was going to be a near-dupe for Tex-y but I can see that this is absolutely not the case. There is no similarity between them even in the bottle, but perhaps we may see a closer resemblance when painted. Will definitely do a comparison soon.

Color Club Worth The Risque and Revvvolution also did not disappoint. Even in the bottle, a definite depth can be seen in the polishes because of its holographic nature. Painting them on the nail wheel was a breeze too, being rather opaque. I foresee myself having lots of fun with these, with nail art.

I liked China Glaze Black Mesh more than I expected. I have always hesitated getting a black shatter topcoat because I don't really like wearing the colour black on my nails and I'd like to avoid it as far as possible. Even though OPI Black Shatter was the first ever shatter polish I knew about, I refrained from getting it for several months until I have now succumbed and gotten its less expensive counterpart, China Glaze Black Mesh. I painted it over my blue-white gradient manicure and it was awesome. I'm already in love with this.

I haven't yet tried Zoya Loredana but I love the bottle. It's a frosted glass sort of material but it almost looks like someone just took it out of the fridge. Although the frosted glass does prevent you from looking at the full glory of the polish. I opened it and took a peek and it looks fantastic. Full of silver glitter! Can't wait to swatch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment