Saturday, June 25, 2011

OPI Houston, We Have A Purple

OPI Houston We Have A Purple (1/2)

OPI Houston We Have A Purple (2/2)

From the Texas collection 2011.
This was 3 coats, without topcoat.

I have to say that every time I'm forced to photograph such colours like these and Do You Think I'm Tex-y, it nearly gives me a brain hernia at how red it comes out in my photos. I confess I tweaked the colours on Photoshop to make it even remotely similar to the original colour. OPI Houston We Have A Purple is a grape coloured jelly that is visibly and significantly more purple and darker than its counterpart Do You Think I'm Tex-y, but my camera begs to differ.

I currently have this and Do You Think I'm Tex-y painted on alternate fingers, and using the syrup nail technique. I love how it looks! It really reminds me of the Hi-Chew grape flavoured candy. I can almost just taste it. I really like jellies. They're not as ostentatious as glitters, cleaner than duochromes, and not as boring as cremes. I love how squishy and shiny and soft and gummy-like it looks. It really makes me feel like eating them. D:

Can you imagine if they had scented jellies in the future? Like if they really smelt like Hi-Chew gummies? I think I'd go wild with cravings everytime I opened the bottle, much less painting it. OMGAH!

Anyhow, fancies aside, I have to say that perhaps it's due to the nature of the sorbet finish that this polish is meant to have, but the formula seemed rather watery and runny, as was the case for Do You Think I'm Tex-y as well. It's really difficult to keep the polish from pooling in my cuticles while painting, and quite a bit of clean-up was required. I did notice, when I was dabbing excess polish back into the bottle, that perhaps in order to achieve that sorbet effect, they did have to make this polish thinner than usual. In the bottle, it looks more like syrup than nail polish. However, I like the jelly finish so much that I would say this pooling thing would not deter me from buying more.

Do you like jellies? What do you think of scented jellies?

1 comment:

  1. with the sheer jelly effect of the OPI sorbet polishes, i wonder if they'll be great bases for glitter polishes!

    i've got some pink and purple holo hexagonal glitters if you wanna try XD

    btw i'll be giving tomorrow's manicure party a miss :/ gotta transport guns in the late afternoon and i don't think i'll be able to carry the guns around with freshly painted nails XD without looking like a total bimbo, anyways LOL

    ReplyDelete