Wednesday, June 1, 2011

China Glaze Millenium

China Glaze Millenium

From the Khrome collection 2009.

It's... it's blinding. I think this is possibly one of the must-have silver polishes of all time, unless you can find its dupe (which I'm sure there are out there). This is just 1 coat of Millenium, and opacity is already built up there, making it a thoroughly awesome polish to experiment with Konad! I'll be doing that soon, believe me.

Millenium is a white-silver, high-shine metallic polish that has excellent formula. The only thing I can begrudge this polish is its propensity to highlight every brushstroke mistake you made, as metallic polishes are wont to do. Also, because it's so madly reflective, be careful that any, and I mean any dent or mistake you make in the finish, will be extremely apparent. In that sense, this polish allows little room for mistakes. I would highly recommend using a ridge-filling basecoat so you get a smoother finish!

The dry time of this polish is actually pretty amazing. I didn't know what to expect but aside from mattes, this is probably the fastest-drying nail polish that I own. Also, even though I'm such a topcoat fanatic, this polish is one of the few I'd wear without. Not because the topcoat ruins it, but it doesn't really do much for the polish either. I had expected it to appear something like Silver Shatter, where the topcoat brings out the bling-ness, but nope. I'd forego the topcoat and just live with the metallic finish!


However, this polish is really beautiful and eye-catching. I love the soft whiteness of the silver and of course, the amazingly shiny finish. I feel like Lady Deathstrike whenever I wear this. I have no doubt that if they had run out of those mirror-quality acrylics they stuck on Kelly Hu's nails, Millenium would've made a good replacement (if it had been released at the time).

No comments:

Post a Comment