Wednesday, June 8, 2011

China Glaze Ruby Pumps

Disclaimer: I'm almost ashamed to look at these photographs because it reflects almost nothing of the awesomeness that is Ruby Pumps.

China Glaze Ruby Pumps (1/2)

China Glaze Ruby Pumps (2/2)

From the Wizard of Ooh Ahhs collection 2009, and also released under the Loves You Snow Much holiday collection 2009.

This was 2 coats.

Do you notice something? Do you notice there is no close-up circle in my first photograph? I decided not to put it in because WHY BOTHER ZOOMING IN ON SOMETHING THAT ISN'T ACCURATE?

Attempting to photograph this polish (along with almost every other pink/red-pink/hot pink polish out there is a problem I doubt even Einstein could solve. Come on, has there not been a camera invented to deal with the flashiness of hot pinks and reds? It's not just this polish either, it's also OPI Do You Think I'm Texy, OPI Diva of Geneva, China Glaze Ahoy! amongst many others. All these come out way too red than they really are, although in this case, though it's more or less the correct shade, the levels that my camera downplayed the glitter effect of Ruby Pumps is nothing short of a blasphemy.

Rants aside, Ruby Pumps is a deep, rich red polish that has a semi-jelly base and has the best glass flecks I've ever seen (sorry, OPI The One That Got Away, you just got served). As if the colour of the polish isn't already sexy enough, China Glaze added in some winning glass flecks that makes the polish look as if it has RED CHRISTMAS FAIRY LIGHTS INSIDE!

I'm not very much of a red-polish kinda person. I shun vampy, vixen colours because I just can't pull it off. This is probably the 2nd full-red polish I own, and the first one isn't even really mine, I stole it from my mom (for unknown reasons). But the polish in the bottle captivated my heart in the store. Believe me, I warred with myself for a loooong time (until the store was about to close, actually) because I had no idea if I was going to ever wear it in my life since I don't like to wear red polishes, but omg, it was a great buy. I'd recommend it to anyone. It is really a whole lot more captivating in real life.

And yes, I am going to wear it, in defiance of my usual avoidance of red.

No comments:

Post a Comment