Friday, June 10, 2011

property of the half-blood prince.

seriously evil wizards (1/3)

I can never run out of Harry Potter quotes.

This is a Slytherin-inspired manicure dedicated to my friend, Lynette, on her birthday! She first suggested the idea of painting her nails red and gold for the occasion, and then I said, "Trying to be Gryffindor?" and then I came up with the idea of painting mine green and silver to match hers. I'm the Slytherin to your Gryffindor, babeh!

Anyway, I honestly couldn't be bothered to wait for 5 coats of Untamed Luxury so I simply painted 1 coat of China Glaze Millenium which dries so happily fast, and then painted another coat of Color Club Untamed Luxury over it. The green-teal jelly base of Untamed Luxury was very well brightened by the reflectiveness of the CG Millenium. I actually quite like the effect of it. It's definitely properly green, and without the hassle of having to paint ten million coats, especially since both Untamed Luxury and Millenium dry pretty fast (if only one coat).

seriously evil wizards (2/3)

seriously evil wizards (3/3)

Sorry if the scotchtape lines aren't as clean-cut as they ought to be, this is only my second time trying it out. I'm generally pleased with the effect, though I can already think of ways to improve my technique the next time I try it out. I'm starting to really like scotachtaping. It's less of a hassle than Konad and if you play around with it and get creative, you can come up with some really awesome nail art. I want to dry a sort of star burst kind of thing soon!

Anyhow, I hope Lynette likes it. :D I love the idea of having a matching manicure, and well, it gratifies the Harry Potter obsession in me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment