Wednesday, June 8, 2011

China Glaze Four Leaf Clover

China Glaze Four Leaf Clover

From the Up And Away collection 2010.

This was 1 coat, no topcoat.

This was one of the first few nail polishes that I bought for myself online, and I bought it on the recommendation of Scrangie. Being totally new to nail polishing, I had no idea what colours I'd like and what I wouldn't. As a result, I wasn't quite a fan of Four Leaf Clover from the start because I just couldn't really pull off the really bright rich green colour that it boasted. Make no mistake, if you are a fan of green, you should definitely get this polish. I like green enough but when it's such a full-green as this one, I just couldn't handle it. It made me feel like the wicked stepsister from Cinderella, for some reason. When I curved my nails to take photos to show my friends, they said it looked like the witch's claws. In addition, the finish is so glossy and smooth, plus the exact shade of green, my nails looked like the back of mahjong tiles.

However, throughout the months, I haven't yet been able to part with this. I'm not sure why. I've used it in several nail marbling experiments and other things that required the liberal use of polishes that I may not wear that much, which is why its levels are still dropping despite my only having worn it as a manicure just once. Maybe it's because, despite my not being able to pull off green, I recognise that it's a pretty epic green colour. I haven't yet seen any polish that matched its pureness and richness of green. It's bright but not neon, rich but not dark.

Can't say that I love it, but definitely a must-have for green fans. Are you a green fan?

No comments:

Post a Comment