Wednesday, June 8, 2011

OPI Breathe Life

Warning! Sentimental post ahead.

OPI Breathe Life

This was 5 coats.

Yes, 5 coats.

So maybe it's not meant to be worn as a polish by itself? But it's so lovely though. I'd definitely give it a go over Black one of these days, along with OPI Give Me The Moon. OPI Breathe Life is a lovely sheer icy-blue fine glitter in a blue-tinged beige base (which you can't really see much of). I'm not sure what collection it's from, or if it's from any collection at all. It is the polish released by OPI in aid of Lung Cancer Awareness, in collaboration with the Lung Cancer Foundation of America. I'm not sure if proceeds from the sales of these polishes go towards this cause, but let's hope that it does spread the awareness of this terrible disease. If I'm not wrong (not entirely sure about this), this polish is limited edition!

As someone who is training to become a pharmacist, I'm academically exposed to the hard facts of this disease. Having a close grandma who passed away just at the beginning of this year from lung cancer, I'm also emotionally aware of the outcome. As we all know, those suffering from lung cancer are mostly long-time smokers. My grandma herself smoked for, I think, 60 over years. I'm thankful that my grandma was diagnosed at a rather old age and therefore was able to live her last years without the very, very painful, emotionally draining and expensive therapeutical options for the disease.

I wouldn't want to come across as a bit too naggy or righteous on a nail polish blog (that sounded incongruous), but I'd really like to take this opportunity to get any smokers out there to just contemplate quitting. The amount of money spent on cigarettes, over the course of so many years, only to have to spend more money later on for treatment that could have been unnecessary. And of course, as we all know, second-hand smoke kills as much as first-hand does. I'm even more concerned for those close to me, like my family and friends, who do smoke. It's not so much because I think smoking is evil or reprehensible, but more because I don't want to lose people I love so unnecessarily.

All right, I shall stop nagging. Hahaha. Other than that, IT'S A GREAT POLISH. XD If only it was more opaque!

No comments:

Post a Comment