Tuesday, May 31, 2011

China Glaze Fairy Dust over Black

China Glaze Fairy Dust (1 coat) over OPI Black Onyx

China Glaze Fairy Dust (1 coat) over OPI Black Onyx

Good grief, just how dense is this? I'm so amazed by it already in just one coat! This has got to be the best holographic sparkle polish out there. Not only is it dense and even, the glitter in it is so beautifully holographic, I can't stop staring at it. Looks best over black because then you wouldn't have anything competing with Fairy Dust for epicosity.

I think I've mentioned it on another entry before but I love how Fairy Dust doesn't seem to just sit on the base colour, but it somehow feels as if it's suspended in the clear jelly base it's in, giving it this amazing depth that I've never seen done in any other layering glitter topcoat! The only bad thing about Fairy Dust is that it's so epic on its own that I never really feel like layering it over any coloured cremes because it doesn't quite do the glitters justice!

Also, unlike most other shimmery topcoats which enhance its base colour or makes the base colour different-looking, Fairy Dust doesn't. It's suspended in a clear base, so it wouldn't alter the shade or colour of your original polish, but because it's purely holographic, it's not any shade of colour at all (for example, I wouldn't call it a silvery glitter, because you see nothing but holographic specks), so it doesn't quite enhance the base.

If you want to go really crazy, go ahead and test how far you can resemble a disco ball by painting 2. However, I found that a 3rd coat didn't glitterify it significantly more than the 2nd coat.

China Glaze Fairy Dust (2 coats) over OPI Black Onyx

China Glaze Fairy Dust (2 coats) over OPI Black Onyx

3 comments:

  1. That burst of glitter after one application is astounding! I don't have a glitter that can promise that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was shocked myself when i first tried it on. highly recommended! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics! Over black crackle is amazing too!

    ReplyDelete