Thursday, May 5, 2011

Nubar 2010

Nubar 2010

As their special 10th anniversary celebration in 2010, Nubar celebrated by releasing a special, limited edition opal flake polish, Nubar 2010. I've finally got my hands on it!

I don't see much flakies around, so Nubar 2010 was a great addition to my collection. In the photo above, I painted 2 coats of OPI Black Onyx (still some VNL -__-), and 2 coats of Nubar 2010 (1 coat would've been enough but I really wanted an in-your-face bling effect). As you can tell, Nubar 2010 is a sheer base with large opal flakes that reflect orange and green at different angles.

I had actually expected the opalescent effect of the flakes to cover more but it only seems to comprise orange and green, which is still cool, but then you'd have to be careful about what sort of polish you layer it over. Orange and green seem to be pretty warm colours, so layering them over something cool may or may not work. I personally love flakes after seeing this in action, but choosing the right colour to really complement the flakes can be a problem. Black is always a safe bet, but as I don't like to wear my nails in black almost ever (why do I own a black polish then? Beats me), I'd have to find an alternative to wear Nubar 2010 over.

I'd be doing some layering posts with Nubar 2010 coming up, one with Glitters and one with Cremes. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment