Monday, May 23, 2011

OPI Diva of Geneva

OPI Diva of Geneva

From the Swiss collection '10.

Now, before you guys think I'm so outdated and all that, this is one of my first few nail polishes ever and I have to say, I haven't seen many duochromes pass through my hands that can surpass the richness of this one. Diva of Geneva is a rich, cool purple with very obvious red maroon undertones, and is chock full of a gold glitter. The gold glitter is most obvious in the bottle, and doesn't quite translate into much of a duochrome effect but it makes its presence felt by contributing to the shimmery appearance of the polish.

This one is a classic. In flourescent, white lighting, it shows in the usual purple tones, but in dim, yellow lighthing, it looks like a rich, vixeny maroon. It's often hard for even me to discern if it looks more purple or red. I often get confuzzled myself! One of my favourite nail polishes. It dries semi-matte but has a really good coverage. This was only 2 coats.

No comments:

Post a Comment