Monday, May 23, 2011

Sephora 0272A with Silver Shatter

If you remember this little post with my Sephora mini-haul, you would probably know I'm head over heels in love with Sephora 0272A (gosh I hate the "name"). So naturally, I wondered how it'd look with the bling of Silver Shatter crowned over it.

It's the most fantastic creation I've made so far! (except for the one time I did Konad)

Sephora 0272a with Silver Shatter

GOOD GRIEF! Can you see the blue-green luminescence peeking through the glittery goodness of the Silver Shatter? It was absolutely fantastic, and it looked even better when I put on the topcoat layer, but it didn't look much different on photos, so I chose not to re-upload.

In most lightings, this turned out more glowy green than actually blue-green, but it didn't matter. My piano teacher liked it so much and we both thought it looked like Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles, somehow. I really like how unique this combination is! It's like the Sephora might have been too bright on its own, so the Silver Shatter helps to tone that down a little, but because it's so glittery, it doesn't make it seem any duller either.

I also really liked how Silver Shatter cracked on this one! You can definitely see the plate-like formations (Geography, anyone?) The only thing to look out for is that with one layer of Seche Vite, the texture of your nail would feel a little bumpy because the Seche Vite seems to sink into the cracks of the Shatter. It's a pretty interesting effect. You can put on another layer of Seche Vite if it bothers you, but as it's only my weekend manicure, I didn't bother.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

No comments:

Post a Comment