Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Orly Royal Velvet

Orly Royal Velvet

I wanna see your peacock - let's not continue.

This colour reminds me of peacocks, the moment I unwrapped it in the mail! Born from Orly Precious collection '11, Royal Velvet is definitely the most stand-out colour of the lot. To me, it was so anomalous from the rest of the colours in the collection that it defined the collection for me. This was undoubtedly the star colour and I was not disappointed. Application was smooth, with no bumps that I can remember. This was two easy coats.

The colour is a tricky one to describe but I suppose it's easiest to call it a dark royal purple, which is what it will look like at most angles and in most lights. However, when you look at it straight on, it becomes this rather vibrant blue base that shimmers its way into your heart (oooh, cheesy). I think the shimmer is so fine in this one, you can safely classify it as a duochrome.

On a completely separate note, I love Orly's rubber-grip bottle caps. I'm getting a small friction line on my palm from opening the likes of OPI, China Glaze and so on while I was cataloging my entire nail polish collection on my nail wheel (yes, my exciting post-exa preoccupations). Take a hint from Orly, other brands!

No comments:

Post a Comment