Monday, May 23, 2011

Zoya Marley (+ Silver Shatter)

Zoya Marley

From the latest Zoya collection (forgot what it was called - Precious? Delicate? they all sound the same.) I never can remember Zoya collection names. It's partially because they don't really go down the usual way as OPI and China Glaze with the ostentatious themes and posters, and having at least five polishes per collection. Sometimes Zoya can just release 3.

Marley reminds me of the movie Marley And Me. I didn't watch it because I don't like tearjerker movies, especially those concerning dogs. I have a Golden Retriever at home and she's getting old herself, so yeah - NO.

'nuff of the banter. Zoya Marley is a very light gray-lavender shade, very feminine and subtle. I like the unobtrusiveness of the shade, and I like how it has a very subtle silver shimmer that you can barely really see, but it contributes significantly to the look as a whole. The application was fabulous, if you're careful you could it in 1 coat. If you use a 2nd coat, it's probably to cover up bald spots, but 2 coats max. It dried surprisingly semi-matte. I wouldn't even say it was near glossy, the way it dried, but yet smoother than the usual matte finishes. I don't know why nail bloggers don't seem to mention this (or is it just my bottle? hmm)

Wear it with a topcoat if you want a glossy look, wear it without for that semi-matte feel. Looks feminine as itself but also an interesting but appropriate base colour for any layering or nail art you may want to attempt like Konad or nail foil (haven't tried these yet, but I'm sure it'll look fabulous).

Zoya Marley with Silver Shatter

So I decided to slap on a bit of OPI Silver Shatter and see how it turned out. Well, you can't really quite see the Shatter. It somehow camouflages pretty well on Marley, but I daresay it might be different if I had bothered to slap on some Seche Vite. Cos we all know that Silver Shatter only really comes alive when it meets Seche Vite.

However - not a combination that I'd try again soon, I think. It's not ugly, just - not noticeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment