Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Daiso Pearl Heart

Daiso Pearl Heart (1 coat)
1 coat.

Daiso Pearl Heart (3 coats)
5 coats.

Note: This polish doesn't have a name, so I called it Pearl Heart.

This is a sheer polish in a white base, with a green flash. I'm not exactly sure whether it's buildable or not, but here it is with 5 coats. If you do decide to wear this as a sheer, the creamy base will make your nail bed look pinkier and the green flash may also distract attention, if your nails are yellowish. It's a very peek-a-boo effect at 5 coats. At some angles, it looks more opaque white, from other angles, all you can see is the bright green flash, and at other angles still, you can see your nailbed and nail line very clearly.

Daiso is a Japanese chain of stores. I'm not exactly sure what to call it, because it sells everything from paper cutters to kitchen sponges to laptop cases and to the containers in which I store my nail polish. And yeap, they do have nail polishes too. The label's all in Japanese so I can't really read it. The best thing about this awesome place is that everything, every item in it is a standard fixed price of S$2. Including this nail polish, of course.

My experience with the nail polishes in Daiso is that - it's actually not bad quality for something so cheap! Quite value for money, though I've never actually bought any of their solid colours or chunky glitters. Only their layering microshimmers like this one, and two others, I have. Nothing to complain about, perhaps I shall layer this over Black Onyx and see how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment