Friday, May 27, 2011

OPI Give Me The Moon (update!)

OPI Give Me The Moon

For my weekend manicure this week, despite trying out all my Konads and stuff, I decided to give this one a run. Because I was simply too lazy/tired to go Konads on all ten fingers so I opted for something safe and solid. I recently reviewed this one here. As usual, it took so many coats that I stopped counting but I'd just like to add...

IT'S FRIKKIN GORGEOUS?!

Yeah, I guess wearing it on 4 fingers for like 5 minutes was just enough to impress me on the femininity and elegance of this polish but actually wearing it on 10 fingers - I actually could not stop staring at it throughout my shower and I still can't stop staring it.

It's a dove grey base, something like Zoya Dove or China Glaze Pelican Grey, and they sprinkled some icy cool blue shimmer in it. But maybe because you can't reach full opacity so the pinkness of your own flesh shines through, but whatever the case, in dim lighting it looks like a mad awesome shade of shimmery lavender-pink. What?! Yeah, I don't get it either. Whatever the case, the colour of this polish is WINNING. XD

I said in my previous review that at some angles it might look grey. I retract that. I only see the grey as a base colour to the blue shimmer. It is impossible to see this polish as pure grey, near, far, wherever you are. My mum thought it was a purple. GOSH I LOVE IT. Hahaha. When it comes to nail polish, I'm a bit of a schizo. On one hand I like all these mad loud ones like Zoya Charla or Color Club Untamed Luxury, but on the other hand I'm as crazy over the super soft and subtle polishes like this one, or OPI Who Needs A Prince? There's something about the subtlety that wins me.

No comments:

Post a Comment