Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Zoya Caitlin

Zoya Caitlin

Well, this polish turned out more purple-tinged than I expected but it's not a big deal. In dim or artificial light, it looks more like a grayed out cool purple, whereas in sunlight, it looks like a lavender-tinged gray. Still, I'm really digging these cool sort of subtle but classy colours nowadays. This was a mere 1 coat. Perfect application. I love Zoya's creme polish application because, if you do it right, you can easily do it in one coat and it has a reasonable drying time as well. Now, if only I love creme polish in itself more...

The polish that comes to mind when I think of comparison is China Glaze Below Deck from their Anchors Away collection. Not owning this polish, I managed to swatch my friend's onto my colour wheel and a quick comparison showed me that Below Deck's purple is a lot warmer than that of Caitlin. It almost looks taupe next to Caitlin. They are essentially both purple-gray shades, but are far from dupes.

No comments:

Post a Comment