Tuesday, May 31, 2011

OPI Meet Me On The Star Ferry

OPI Meet Me On The Star Ferry


From the OPI Hong Kong collection '10.

You know, I'm not even sure why I bought this polish. It's far from the sort of colours I usually go for. MMOTSF is a sort of a very dark rust colour with purple and red undertones. It's a very interesting colour and it does remind me of Chinese restaurants somehow, in both its shade as well as the type of glitter in it. It has a very shimmery base which is semi-frosty, and in it, you have very fine glitter that flashes red and green, somewhat similar to the ones found in OPI Happy Anniversary, but finer. I cannot think of anything remotely in my collection that could compare to the colour, except maybe DS Diamond, but that's a holo and that's significantly lighter, although it's in the same range of colour.

Application was great, 2 coats only though I had to keep messing it up. I absolutely hate it when some edge or corner ambushes my unsuspecting fingers and it scrapes off a chunk of the wet polish. Can't get more annoying than that. Anyway, there's something about the shimmery base in this polish that makes the brushstrokes very obvious, so beware! It dries to a shiny enough finish, though it could do with a layer of topcoat, of course.

All in all, I'm not really sure whether I'd ever wear it, because the colour just doesn't quite excite me. It's not really purple, and it's not really red or bronze or brown. It's an interesting mix of all, and there's a slight mutedness to it which some might like, but I just can't really imagine myself in the mood to wear such a colour. That could explain why I never properly swatched it though I got it more than a few months ago! I've never even worn it out, never used it as a base for nail art - nothing.

Oh wells. At least I own something from one of the very few OPI collections that's actually Oriental-themed.

No comments:

Post a Comment