Wednesday, May 25, 2011

OPI Give Me The Moon, OPI Ink

I was picking through a local nail polish online store's sales list and the two that I picked happened to be from the same collection, and I didn't even know till now. I got OPI Give Me The Moon and OPI Ink, both from the OPI Night Brights collection '07. 2007 was a looong time ago, back when I still shunned nail polish (the horror).

OPI Give Me The Moon
OPI Give Me The Moon. 5 coats. No topcoat.

This is a rather hard colour to describe, but it's a sort of gray base with yellow undertones, with an icy light blue shimmer. The colour is definitely unique, I haven't yet come across any nail polish that has that sort of colour yet. The shimmer isn't at all phantom, either. From afar, it lends a blue tinge to the grey, and only in very dim lightings or at certain angles would you not be able to discern any blue at all.

I like the colour very much but the only problem I have about this polish is the formula and thus, the application. The polish is rather sheer - I'm not sure if it was meant to be layered, or worn on its own but since all the other swatches I've seen of it, it's usually worn on its own, I'm going to assume that it's meant to stand by itself. It took me a whopping 5 COATS to get the opacity you see in this picture. If you squint, you can still see my VNL. That's a crazy long time! Sigh, but well, I'd definitely still wear this because I adore the colour and how special it is, I just have to make sure I have a movie to watch while waiting for all 5 coats to dry.

Update here!

OPI Ink
OPI Ink. 2 coats. With topcoat.

Homg.

HOOMMMGGG.

This is like nail polish orgasm. XD Sorry, but when I first painted it on my nails, I was like, whimper! It deserved another shot on the cam.

OPI Ink

You know, I like this polish so much that it's still on just 4 of my fingers, after swatching them? I haven't yet rubbed them off because I really really like it. And trust me, I'm someone who shuns from dark, or black-based polish, so that is saying a lot to the attractive quality of OPI Ink.

I've long heard of the legendary OPI Ink but had never felt the need to own it, again because I shun dark or black-based polish. Only after I saw the beauty of Zoya Valerie in its bottle (unfortunately, I wasn't the one who bought it), and then seeing OPI Ink in its bottle as well at a school fair, I decided to get my hands on it.

OPI Ink has a black polish base, but it's so mad full of a purple/blue-flashing duochrome glitter, that it almost always looks like a rich, dark, royal purple. Again, only in the dimmest of lightings or at certain angles would it even come across as black. However, there is no denying that it's dark but the glitter is just so beautiful! I really, really love it! I cannot express how much I love it except - HOMG.

I was also surprised that this went on in like 2 easy coats because Give Me The Moon, from the same collection, had such a thin and tedious application. However, all the better for OPI Ink, I say! It's absolutely gorgeous and obviously, highly recommended for all, even those who usually don't like to wear dark-based polishes like me. (:

2 comments:

  1. O..M..G
    *Drooling over OPI Ink*
    That's gorgeous! And only 2 coats?
    Great review :)
    Looks like this month you've really gotten into nailblogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSS, OMG indeed (:

    Thanks for the comment! Yup, the wonders of not having exams has translated into a productive nailblogging time! It also gives me more time to splurge my money on more nail polish. :D

    ReplyDelete