Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Zoya Faye

Zoya Faye

Zoya Faye is one of those colours that do freaky things with the light. At one moment, it's a brown red gold, but the next moment, you see a definite tinge of purple amidst all the gold glitter. I remember I painted this one on my Brown colour wheel, only to find out that the base colour is actually a definite purple! I felt rather cheated. So basically, the colour of Faye is extremely difficult to pinpoint, but suffice it to say it is a reddish-purple base with tons and tons of gold glitter in it.

The application was a little thin, as per usual with Zoya glitters. This was probably about 3 coats, to get a good enough opacity. I love just how shiny it is. It's amazingly shiny, and for some reason, the shine and glitter has tons of depth which makes it really awesome to look at. It doesn't have quite the 3D opalescent mermaid effect like collection Zoya Charla was in, but it doesn't disappoint either.

I have heard that this polish is very much like the new OPI Rally Pretty Pink from the Serena Williams Grand Slam collection. I don't personally own OPI Rally Pretty Pink but having seen some swatches, I have to agree that they seem pretty dupe-y to me. Here's a pretty good comparison between the two, by Polishaholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment