Thursday, May 5, 2011

Zoya Reece

Zoya Reece

I had to quickly swatch this one because my mom bought it with me during the spree so I have to return it to her asap (not that she knows I'm swatching it, heh). Zoya Reece was one of the few polishes that I had my eye on since way back when, and I am not disappointed. It is a deep rose pink with a strong golden yellow-green duochrome shimmer that gives it a lot more depth and zest than it would otherwise have. Application was slightly thick but manageable. This was two coats.

I have to say that the colour of this photo is not entirely accurate, as I take my photos at night and my room lights are slightly warm and yellow. The duochrome has a very strong tinge of green in it that makes it slightly ethereal (though not as much as Zoya Adina). A very feminine rosy colour and the strong duochrome gives it, in my opinion, that rich class and elegance needed. Such a princessy colour, really! Love it.

I personally see a resemblance between this and China Glaze Strawberry Fields but not having the CG polish, I can't do a comparison. However, after having seen several photos of the two, I do think that Strawberry Fields is a more golden shimmer, whereas Reece's shimmer has a definite green tinge to it. Also, I think Strawberry Fields is a very slightly dustier rose pink, whereas Reece is slightly more vibrant in that aspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment